NOTICE PURSUANT TO THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
In regards privacy is of the essence and is committed to protect all Personal Data provided or collected from its Clients/Customers, potential Clients/Customers or any other parties in the course of its commercial dealings or transactions with them. We will endeavour to take all steps necessary to protect and ensure your privacy. This notice among others, involves data collection and use of Personal Data pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 209 0. We shall make amendments to this notice at any time, if needed, without prior notice and any amendments made will be notified accordingly.
Personal Data includes but is not limited to name, age, date of birth, race, religion, gender, ethnicity, nationality, identity card number, passport number and visa information, personal contact information, address, email address, occupation, marital status, employer's details, income, banking account details, details of loans taken for purchase of property, credit card details, charge card details and debit card details of Clients/Customers, potential Clients/Customers or any other parties, in either electronic or hardcopy form and where applicable, the Personal Data relating to other persons who may be identified from such Personal Data.
Personal Data is relevant in all commercial dealings or transactions involving Clients/Customers, potential Clients/Customers, any other parties and us. The purpose for maintaining and processing Personal Data among others, includes the following:-
- To maintain a database of Clients/Customers for record purposes, internal audit, investigations, for collection of payments and for insurance purposes;
- To participate in any events organised by us;
- To conduct relevant checks and credit assessment of the users of the products and services;
- To meet the requirements of regulators and comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in the sale of the products and services ;
- To supply products and services or for the marketing of such products and services;
- To keep Clients/Customers, potential Clients/Customers or any other parties informed about launchings of new products and services and conducting of promotional activities;
- To keep Clients/Customers informed at all stages of the construction and completion of their properties including, vacant possession, customer service, house rules, security and all aspects of property management post construction;
- To enter into agreements for the purchase of the required products and services;
- To use telephones, mobile phones, sms, emails, social media, letters, notices and our websites to communicate and keep in touch with Clients/Customers, potential clients/customers or any other parties and to manage Clients/Customers relationship; and
- In cases of an emergency.
Personal Data - How it is obtained
We collect this information directly or indirectly, from among others, when the Clients/Customers, potential Clients/Customers or any other parties provide the above details in the course of any purchase of property, rental or leasing of premises or stalls, through lawyers or agents representing Clients/Customers, through employers or financial institutions, through promotional activities, sales and launchings, registrations conducted online or through any other means Clients/Customers, potential Clients/Customers or any other parties conducts or engages in any commercial dealings or transactions with us.
Personal .Data is also collected through Cookies while accessing our websites. Cookies are used to identify you, the time and date you accessed the websites and your Internet Protocol address. Any Personal Data that you have entered will only be used to respond to or communicate with you. Where third party websites are linked to our 'websites, the third party websites are responsible to inform you about their privacy policies and practices.
Failure to supply personal data
The Personal Data provided to us enables us to deliver the necessary products, services and notices to Clients/Customers, potential Clients/Customers or any other parties, conclude any legal agreements, update them on new produCts or provide the relevant services required by them. Failure to furnish the Personal Data requested for, may prevent us from providing the necessary products and services required.
Correction of Personal Data
We allow you to access your Personal Data held by us and in this regard, you may:-
- Request us to update or correct your Personal Data;
- Request that the Personal Data be only used and retained by us only as long as it is necessary for the purpose it was initially collected and object to any other use of the Personal data;
- Withdraw your permission given for the use of the Personal Data subject to all applicable laws.
All Personal Data including the Personal Data relating to other. persons who maybe identified from such Personal Data, provided to us including to our holding companies, subsidiaries, associated companies, related companies and affiliated parties (whether within or outside of Malaysia) will be kept with the strictest of confidence pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act. Any divulging of information will be in accordance with the applicable laws and you have hereby deemed to or have consented to or have authorised us to provide Personal Data to the following parties:-
- under applicable laws to any persons or bodies, relevant government agencies, statutory authorities, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies;
- our holding companies, subsidiaries, associated companies, related companies and affiliated parties;third party property management companies, service or.product providers, contractors, vendors, suppliers and agents or any other parties relevant to the commercial dealings or transactions.
- Third party property management companies, service or product providers, contractors, vendors, suppliers and agents or any other parties relevant to the commercial dealings or transactions.
Security and Use of Data
We may transfer your Personal Data to any other members of our group for the purpose of providing better products and services to you and we will endeavour take all reasonable precautions and implement safeguards and security measures, administrative or otherwise to ensure that your Personal Data is protected at all times from unauthorised and unlawful processing.s